Thursday, June 11, 2009

DH


More proof as to who runs this house. This is Pippin forcing R~ to take a nap instead of doing his homework. For those of you who don't know R~ is in training to be a nurse. And he really does study (all the time!) but no one points a camera at a man reading a textbook. He quit his good paying job as a web site programmer to go to school for a year. I wish I could put into words what a blessing it has been to have him doing something he really wants to do. He was that classic frustrated employee. He hated his job but it was the golden handcuffs binding him to a paycheck. Through many blessings we decided to take the plunge and it hasn't been near the challenge I thought it would be. We do have our house paid off. We got rid of all the cars except one. We are making sacrifices, but it hasn't been near as difficult as I thought it was going to be. I haven't even had to go out and get a job (I really like being my own boss). So far our health has held up (please, please, please). R~ is so much happier. He probably should've been a doctor, but it's a bit late for that and he's very happy learning nursing.

No comments: