Wednesday, September 16, 2009

kids

It's been fall for a few weeks now and I'm in the routine of seminary, high school, homeschool, soapmaking. Each new activity takes a bit of time to settle in. The farmer's market goes for another month and a half and then I'll have a new adjustment to make. I'm looking forward to having a bit more time for projects other than the business. It feels funny to have so few kids around here. I sure miss having the whole bunch of them. I've only got two left at home (and a third who comes to visit once a week). I am most comfortable with the roll of "busy young mother." I'm not settled into my new roll in life. Old coot. I have to force myself not to cook as much. I don't need to do laundry every day of my life. Even my shopping has gone way down. I sure miss the fun we had together. Homeschooling for all those years. This is my last year of homeschool. But it's not like I'm not busy all day long. I've still got two kids to take care of, my wonderful husband, the business, seminary, the chickens, the garden, and a ton of other things. Can I still miss having all the kids at home?

1 comment:

Sandra B said...

I don't think you're an "old coot" quite yet. :) We miss you guys!