Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I love Christmas

I love everything about Christmas except the presents. I love having an extra excuse to think on the miracle of Christ's birth, I love the decorating, the food, the music, the parties, being with family, the whole atmosphere. I like everything except the presents. Presents represent a materialism that I'm just not comfortable with. My kids think I'm nuts.

Isn't this a nice picture? My oldest son was taking pictures as we decorated the house for Christmas. I liked this one the best.

2 comments:

Melissa Hodgson said...

I love everything about Christmas including the presents! Presents represent both the gifts of the Wisemen and the gift of the atonement which Christ was giving us through coming to Earth. Presents show others that we care, that we care enough to give others a lasting proof of our affection. Of course Christmas has become commercialized. Companies saw a valid way to make large amounts of profit, I would do the same thing! Just because there's a lot of Christmas advertising that doesn't mean that your personal gift to others can't be meaningful. I say yes to presents!

Sue said...

Like I said, my kids think I'm nuts.