Monday, October 10, 2011

lack of a job

I'm getting a lot of spinning/knitting/sewing done. I need to post some pictures. Not much gardening this time of year, but I'm looking forward to next year. I thoroughly enjoy doing this and that, but sometimes I feel guilty that I don't have a job-job. I have spent so many years being a mom and having complete independence to set my own schedule that I am really chaffing at the idea of a job where I am told what to do all the time. Of course the extra money would be nice, but I'm not at all sure I'm ready to trade my independence for cash. Obviously this independence comes at the price of my husband's independence. I'm a bit befuddled on the whole subject. At this point in time I'm going to keep moving forward on the simple living and if a job pops up that seems to fit in, fine, if not, then I'll keep moving forward with what I'm doing. If I had things totally my way I'd be living in a LOT smaller house with a LOT fewer amenities. This is the trade off with having a family to keep happy. Their opinions matter, too.

No comments: