Wednesday, February 15, 2012

broke my foot

Well, I guess I needed a new adventure. On an icy day I fell down an embankment and landed on my left foot. It's broke in two places. I am now wearing a huge boot and depending on the kindness of family. It's a straight forward break and should heal right up in six weeks. This makes exercising much more difficult. This makes everything I try to do more difficult, but not impossible. I am very blessed to have a removeable cast, which means I can still shower and I don't need to wear it when I laying in bed. That makes the healing more comfortable. I remember, a long time ago, when they were still putting plaster casts on everyone, I watched a TV program that discussed native African healers NOT putting casts on broken bones, just splinting them and letting the people remove the splints when they wanted to and those people healed much quicker. The idea was presented as native/westernized medicine. I still remember that program, it made sense to me. The people without plaster casts were much happier with how their healing was going. Nowadays the doctors seem to use boots and splints,instead of plaster casts, whenever they can. I'm just glad I'm one of the people who had a simple enough injury that I could use a boot.

1 comment:

Kabuski said...

I hope you heal up quickly!