Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hog heaven

Some friends and I went to visit the most delightful farm.  It was the best day!  See the baby pigs?  The young farmer is really trying to make a "go" of farming pasture raised livestock. Notice these pigs are given lots land to till up and get to stay with their mothers for an extended time.  All of his livestock was extremely healthy.  My camera gave out after just a few pictures of one set of the pigs, so when I get picture of the other pigs wallowing happily in shady pool, and of the cows out in the green pastures I'll post them.  They all looked like they belonged on the cover of a magazine.  SO happy looking and SO healthy.  I purchased one of his pigs and it will be processed into meat for our family.  I feel very strongly that I want the animals that sacrifice their lives for me to have a happy life and a quick death.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

What a beautiful garden you have created in a short period of time! Explain to me about the disco balls. Never heard of them in a garden before. : )

Sue said...

My little cousin came to visit and saw the squash hanging down and told me they look like disco balls. We have a monster squash growing allover everything, including the bunny's cage, and these are the squash it is producing. I'm sure the bunny has parties every night when I'm asleep and these add so much to the atmosphere!