Friday, October 9, 2009

it's still raining

It rained all day yesterday and the weatherman said it would rain all day today. Good day to stay inside and get some work done. I love being at home. It's my favorite place to be. Rain encourages me to just stay home and putt around the house. There sure is plenty to do! I've been making .... homemade food. You know-- bread, yogurt, sprouts, that sort of thing. I'm trying to eat fewer chemicals. I've been leaning that direction for a long time and I decided to just take it to the next level. I just feel better about eating things that I understand. I had homemade yogurt for breakfast, with a bit of cherry syrup. Most of the syrups available from America are all made with high fructose corn syrup, but I get this from the Global market and it is made with (this is the complete ingredient list) sour cherries and sugar. It's from Slovenia (I think). It's fabulous. I also had a fried egg (guess where that came from) and a bit of 100% apple juice. I have a bread sponge raising (fermenting?) and that's for lunch. Did I mention I like to cook?

No comments: