Saturday, April 9, 2011

musings

I know, I know, the blog needs more pictures. Words are easier for me than pictures. In order to do pictures I have to get the kids to help me take/download/post the pictures and lately I'm just not up to the hassle. I've tried to figure it out for myself and it just doesn't stick in my mind. If the least small thing changes I can't figure out how to do the new stuff and they seem to change their sites all the time. I used to be able to use my I-POD and ever since they changed the website I can't make heads or tails of it. The kids make fun of me for not being able to figure these things out, then don't exactly act helpful in teaching me how to use the new site. I claim that I DO figure out the rules, but as soon as I figure out the rules they change the rules. In so many ways I hate technology (I say as I type on my laptop to put an entry into my blog).

Anyways.... The house is getting emptied into the storage shed. The rooms here are starting to echo. I've got a Uhaul truck reserved for early June. I had an inspector come out and he told us what we need to do to be able to sell the house for someone to live in it (as opposed to "as is"). It isn't that bad. A whole bunch of little things and some railing on the back porch. That's about it. We've already done most of it.

The apple trees are blooming. Apple blossoms are my favorite flower. We had an apple tree in our backyard when we were kids and it was practically a member of the family. Us kids lived in that tree and ate from it (at ALL stages of greeness) and played around it constantly. I love apples, on lots of different levels.

The backyard has grass growing. It's green. Frankie-Jeff-the-girl-rabbit is eating the grass with enthusiasm but can't eat it all. I miss the chickens, they did a much more thorough job of destroying the grass (I miss the chickens but not the carpet of chicken poop).

No comments: