Tuesday, January 5, 2010

it's cold

We're in the middle of a cold snap. It got down to 2. I'd bring the chickens in the house but we're up to the gills with DS#2's stuff. He's in the process of moving and all his stuff is downstairs right where I'd put the chickens, if I had any room. My poor chickens. They just huddle out in the cold near the house in a corner that is out of the wind. They look so miserable. DS#2 is getting a U-haul and moving the stuff on Thursday, but I think the cold snap will break by then. Don't get me wrong I LOVE having him here. It has been such a treat to have all the kids home (and to get to meet DD#1's boyfriend) but they are all trickling back to their college/jobs/assignements. So not only are their sunny faces leaving they're leaving me during the coldest time of the year. How many months until spring?

No comments: