Friday, June 4, 2010

an amazing day


I had the most amazing day yesterday. My friend and I visited the farm-- Wild Flower Farms-- of a spinner I met. She raises fiber animals (and lots of other animals). It would take an full article to describe her exotic animals, but I'll just mention a few. Highland cattle are a scottish breed. They are shaggy haired and live in the forests. They have long horns that can reach a seven foot span. These loving farmers treat all their animals as pet and these enormous beasts came up to snuggle with us. It wasn't scary, but it should've been. If they weren't so loving they could've killed me with a twist of it's head (HORNS!!!!). Sheep, so many sheep! Llama, alpaca. I bought some baby llama fiber from her, I can't wait to spin it up. She was caring for a stray emu. (I thought she was joking, but I saw it with my own eyes and no one has claimed it yet. That's like having an elephant casually stray on to your farm and no one claiming it). AND she gave me her angora bunny. She didn't have the time to care for it and wanted it to go to a good home. The girls named it Frankie-Jeff the girl rabbit.

No comments: