Wednesday, April 29, 2009

homemake crackers

I made my first batch of homemake crackers. They turned out really good! Everyone loves them. If they sold these in the store I'd buy them. The recipe is called saltines, but they are really just a plain crispy cracker.

SALTINE CRACKERS heat oven to 350

3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup lard

mix together until it is pretty uniform. I put it in the stand mixer and walked away for a while.

Drizzle in water. You want a stiff dough, so be sparing.

Either roll out the dough thin or send it through the pasta roller. Cut into 2" squares. I used a pizza cutter. Put on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 350 until medium brown.

It's pretty much like making cookies. Next time I'm trying it with whole wheat. I love finding new things I can make myself, especially when it's things I normally buy in a store.

No comments: