Wednesday, May 27, 2009

so good

I love this time of year. Everything is growing and we're eating out of the garden. Yesterday we had broccoli chicken. Only the broccoli came out of the garden. We've been having chinese cabbage quite a bit. It's starting to bolt, but I'm definitely growing that again. It was easy and prolific and something we eat, what else do you want? The strawberries are ripe and luscious. The kids picked a big bowl of them, but they never made it to the freezer. I'm lucky if anything comes in the house! When I greatly enlarged my strawberry bed last year my goal was to get enough strawberries that some made it into the house. It seems I have succeeded, but just barely. Let's see, the green onions are a daily treat. We have fresh lettuce. The radishes are already done and they were fine. I'll be buying new batteries for the camara so I can show off pictures, right now you'll just have to take my word for it-- the garden is good.

No comments: